New Figures

9/03/2010
This year I will turn 55 years old, I was born in 1955. My wife calls this my "Golden Birthday." As a result she is letting me get anything I want. Naturally, I have selected a hobby item for my birthday. I have commissioned my own set of custom army men for myself.

They will be a WWII era set of US Army Automations. I have been writing a back story for them to explain their existence and usage during the war. The figures will be soft metal and 1/72nd scale. They will wear US Army uniforms and carry US Army weapons. I plan on having 25 poses for these figures.

There are many similar figures in 28 mm and 15 mm but none in 1/72nd scale to the best of my knowledge. As the project progresses, I will update you with the back story and drawing and photos of the figures. My daughter, Sarah, designed the figures and drew them for the sculptor.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »