222 Final Pictures

7/06/2010


The final primer painting of the resin 222 WWII German armored cars. I had to spritz a bit of paint straight down into the turret. I like to primer paint my resin vehicles. The resin really soaks up the paint and often the edges will show the yellow resin color through without a lot of paint being applied to the model. The dark primer is not so bad. Also resin colors vary and are sometimes multi-media kits, with brass or soft metal parts too. I added plastic and metal detail bits from the spares box so this had at least three different materials and surfaces to color.


After a quick overspray of Tamya tan the vehicles are ready for some details. I only painted the headlights silver and the tires black. I left the rest tan. I put a small DAK palm tree on the nose of each armored car, but no other decals.


Two 222 with a Roco Kubelwagen, that's probably 30 years old. It's been a long war.


If you look very close at the enlarged photo you can pretend to almost see the plam tree decal.



All that is missing is four guys in two Jeeps, one with a helmet, one with a beret, one with a kepi and one in a bush hat.




Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »