Armored Cars, 222

7/05/2010

Once the two HO scale Sdkfz 222 armored cars were built, I put a few extra bits on them from Roco and a few metal gas cans. Vehicles in the desert were often festooned with lots of gear, since all you had was what you brought with you.

You can see the axles. I primer paint all my resin models. Regular model paint does not always stick that well with resin.

I put the vehicles on their backs or on their sides to begin the priming. I used Testors spray cans of primer gray.
You can see the first pass. I may run two or three passes or more to get full coverage. Light coats, let them dry a bit between and you are fine.


The vehicles have been flipped and a few coats of primer have been applied to the upper works. The inside of the turrets did not get much, but that's okay with me.








Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »