CMSC MLRS

7/26/2010

CMSC did many models in 1/87th scale. This is their MLRS. You can see a completed one in the background. The missile box is in front of the launcher platform.

These resin / white metal kits were highly detailed. I got it at least ten years ago.


This shows the underside of the resin cab.


As you can see from the photos, there are lots of tiny little parts on this model, most in white metal.



The resin is some of the best I ever saw, you can see how thin this part is, like paper. Resin kits are generally not too hard. They cut and saw much like soft wood. They glue well with the same glues you use on white metal, super glues and epoxy being the best in my opinion. I also use some rubber glues, like Goo when I need something that is very sticky.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »